Nerd Force Star Wars Campaign
A holocron rescued by Mozenrath Xerxes
The Garnath Holocron
It is a cubic holocron with many secrets of the old republic. One lost technique contained in the holocron was the power to mind trick anyone from any distance.
This holocron has four recorded owners, although there may be others:
- Jedi Master Garnath Zarfa’an (maker)
- Padawan Sydo Quarith (stole from temple)
- Padawan Mozenrath Xerxes (rescued from Sydo)
- Sith Lord Garue the Hutt (stolen from Mozenrath)
- Jedi Knight Mozenrath Xerxes (rescued from Garue)
History of the Garnath Holocron
The Garnath Holocron was made by Jedi Master Garnath Zarfa’an, one of the most prominent Consular Jedi Masters of the Old Republic era. He made the holocron to teach young Jedi consular techniques. His holocron was used for years after he died, but disappeared in the holocron storage room in the Jedi Archives.
The holocron remained untouched for thousands of years, until one day, when Jedi Padawan Sydo Quarith stole it along with an evil Sith holocron and ran to a sith temple on Yavin 4. Sydo began to use the Sith holocron to turn to the dark side, and tortured the Garnath holocron to convince him to release his secrets. However, almost-Jedi Knight Mozenrath came and saved the holocrons from Sydo by cutting his hands off.
After that experience, the Garnath holocron became extremely paranoid, and would only trust Mozenrath. The Jedi Council decided to bestow the holocron upon Mozenrath, which would make him the first padawan to ever “own” a holocron.
Since this particular holocron was made by such a competent consular Jedi Master, this holocron has many benefits.
These abilities can only be given after the user spends 24 hours in a force trance with the holocron:
- Give the user a force point after they spend 24 hours in a force trance with the holocron.
- Give the user a temporary force power (from Core Rulebook or KOTOR) after they spend 24 hours in a force trance with the holocron.
These abilities are automatically given to the user when they meet the prerequisites:
- After the user has gained two talents from the Jedi Consular talent tree, they may gain a third consular talent at no cost.
- After the user has gained two talents from the Jedi Knight Watchman talent tree, they may gain a third watchman talent at no cost.
- When the user may take a force technique, they may take the force technique, Force Possession, instead, as long as they know Mind Trick and Farseeing.
These abilities can be given to anyone during a combat encounter, as long as they spend a force point to receive it:
- +1 force bonus on attack rolls.
- +2 force bonus to any single defense score.
- +1 die of damage with lightsaber attacks.
- +5 force bonus to Use the Force checks to activate the Deflect talent
- +5 force bonus to Use the Force checks to activate the Rebuke force power.